Recon – pre arrival
Met at Heathrow by Daniel (Minuteman staffer) and travelled with him to the facility. Used this time to find out the following:
- Most of the Minuteman work is done in the grounds and the main building, generally no call for us to go to the basement.
- There are a dozen Minutemen on site, plus Spider, Mage and about 6 ex-East End gangers called the Knights of Rage (gang changed by Celedyr – dragon).
- There are also about a dozen science staff on site.
- Don’t go running without warning people, pressure mesh under the grass.
- Biggest security worries are any form of electronic espionage, along with some concerns about wannabe Shadowrunners from Cardiff – however these are less of a worry.
Recon – after arrival
- Two fences, one round exterior, one round interior helipad.
- Offices, cafeteria and barracks (20 beds, for Junior researchers, Minutemen and Knights of Rage).
- Main buildings warded from floor to roof.
- Pressure mesh visible, as well as cameras in hedges and well spaced trees, making visibility excellent.
- I was able to use Recorded Room to find out details of the contents of the Basement – auditorium, lab stores, medical bay, enchanting lab, 3 bioware labs, 6 recovery rooms, 2 cybernetics labs, 3 surgical suites, microelectronics lab, 6 memory regression consciousness uploading suites, containment (keypad, keyboard, retinal locks). Also toilets.
- 12 Minutemen and 6 Knights of Rage confirmed.
- Warwick Atkins – security mage – arrogant gilipollas.
- Chief Paula Thornbury – Spider – almost always on duty – almost always in security office, hardware jacked in (mildly malnourished, bit ill, bored, mundane, essence 3.95, lots of bio/cyberware in head).
- Director Gordon Brown met – slimy (irritated, distracted, mundane, essence 4.5, Bio/cyberware in head including a piece of Deltaware) – AR evidence of second Director ‘Cerberus’.
- Doctors Sayers and Klien, believed to stay in basement, as no evidence of housing for them seen.
- At least 10 Junior Researchers on staff, share our barracks with us.
- We are assigned as a working group of three – this is standard. Usually 6 – 8 Minutemen working at any given time.
- Knights of Rage quite stand offish and aggressive – keep to themselves.
- Knights of Rage take deliveries and take them down to basement – allegedly human cargo, definitely cargo big enough for a body.
- No Marshall – this means our technological, hacking and all computer based activities will be harder.
- Oxana to gain access to computer system and use her skills to find data on
- Tui keen on taking down facility/faking a Shadowrunner attack/controlling Knights of Rage to attack people – THIS IS ALL ON HOLD.
- Tui to gain access to weapons locker via Chief.
- Sola to look at ways of sneaking/controlling people in order to access the basement/computer files.