TOP SECRET: EYES ONLY
Operation: Runaway Train
Case Officer: Maria da Assunção Andrade Esteves
Technical Operations: Marshall Flinkman
Field Operatives: Solana Belasco, Oxana Petrova, Tui Tukiwaho
Base Of Operations: Pretoria-Witwatersrand-Vaal, Azania
- Travel to Nairobi
- Cause a catastrophic crash on an automated train
- Certain other conditions apply
You are to sabotage the guidance system of the automated high-speed freight train as it travels from Nairobi International Aerospaceport to the AresSpace depot at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. You must leave a Maasai tribal mask (provided by the client) in the wreckage where it can be found. Note that it has been enchanted so that it cannot be destroyed or lost in the collision.
Commercial flight from OR Tambo International to Nairobi International Aerospaceport. Retrieve your gear from baggage reclaim.
- Local currency is the shilling. 1¥=20sh
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the site of the mass driver, directly adjacent to the AresSpace depot
- Unusual job – being done on behalf of the spirits of the Maasai tribe
- Train consists of fifty flat cars double-stacked with intermodal isotainers.
- Each isotainer has access hatches on the front, back, top and bottom, secured with a Rating 3 maglock card reader, and a hidden camera with thermographic enhancement inside each container.
- Its cargo typically contains construction materials for the constantly expanding mass driver facility as well as whatever is needed up the well in orbit.
- All of the goods inside the isotainers are tagged with RFID tracking devices. On the outside of the train, every five cars or so, an Ares Sentinel “R” series rail drone mounted on a track above the containers, able to slide up and down the train. The gun can cover the air above the train and can also move to the front, rear, and either side of the train. The drones are equipped with belt-fed Ares MP and tracer rounds.
- Train must be sabotaged near the end of its run, but it runs four times a day and there is (within reason) no time limit. It travels at 200kph for the entire route and does not stop between the two points.